We started in early 2017 in Portland, Oregon with the mission to help people master their finances through a simple and interactive mobile app. Our app helps people by focusing their actionable financial strategy around their most important goals.
It means putting your goals first, whether that’s traveling around the world, buying a house, or retiring early. By focusing the financial strategy on the goals that add tangible value, it becomes motivating and actionable, not stressful and too often ignored.
Our goal is to help money enable more of the valuable experiences that life has to offer, whether that's traveling, owning a home, or buying the latest ski gear. This means building products that are helpful and empowering.
1. Own it Working for a big mission consists of many parts--aka lots of teamwork. Leaders make the best decisions when acting like owners, responsible for getting there together.
2. Create and clarify Creators, builders, & inventors are always welcomed. We’re solving big problems and finding new ones that haven’t been solved. Creators combine ideas from everywhere and everyone to produce amazing solutions.
3. Ask and you shall learn Ask “why?”, don’t assume, and dive deep. These traits create the foundation for growth. Leaders know that asking questions is the best way to spread knowledge. Great leaders are simultaneously always learning and always sharing their knowledge.
4. Think big. Execute small. Monumental change doesn’t come from incremental improvement, but it does require great execution at every step. Visionaries think big then execute in small..
5. Have a tendency towards action & pro-activity Going forward is better than standing still. If you don’t know where to go, then pick the direction you think is best with the knowledge you have and go. Leaders trust their ability and their team to figure it out.
6. Change quickly Don’t wait, once you have information that requires a change, do it. Everything that’s already been done is a sunk cost. Own the change and go.
7. Be trustworthy and trusting Listen to others, share your opinion, and be candid with respect. Be someone who others can come to for help and someone that goes to others for help.
8. Disagree then commit The best people think for themselves, share their ideas with discourse, then commit together. No undermining each other. No holding back opinions. Once a decision is made, the team goes forward together.
9. Upfront honesty The best communicators are honest with themselves and with others. At all times. We believe in growth through tough questions.
10. We’re all humans At end of the day, we’re all people. While business is a huge part of life, it’s not all of it. Our people are people, both in the office and when away from it.